Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Daily Times Has Serious Problems

While visiting a Royal Farms Store today, a woman walked in the door with two Sunday Daily Times newspapers. She immediately complained how her Son was featured in an article on today's paper, so she bought two. When she got home with the papers and started searching for the article, she came to realize that BOTH papers were actually missing that section.

This is where this article will go into the Read More section, so click on Read More.When I listened to this story I was somewhat amazed/surprised but I have been receiving messages all day today about their paper being all out of whack again. Mine wasn't all that bad today but like I said, I was done with it before the coffee machine finished brewing a pot of coffee.

Another friend e-mailed me and said....... "Then today I got the Sunday paper for the grocery store ads and guess what? NONE! I had TWO each of the dept store ads like Sears and Penneys and the USA Today supplement but the Life & Style section was absent, as were all the grocery store ads. If they cannot do it right I wish they just would not bother!And yes, you have permission to reprint my griping! From now on I will just get a Sun-at least then I can get Giant and Super Fresh ads-and the Crisfield paper has Food Lion and local grocery ads.Who needs The Times? I read today's "issue" in 10 minutes. There's just nothing in it anymore. They were at their best when Mel Toadvine was on staff and they had interesting local columns from people like the late Peyton Zeiger(great lady!) and the late Dick Moore. What is going on over there????"

Oh, by the way, friend, they're sorry for treating you like crap, but they got their money out of you, so tough sh!t! The Daily Times has not improved and their articles are becoming more and more like the day after Salisbury News.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I got your Rack Room Shoes flyer, my paper had 14, yes fourteen of the same Rack room Shoes Flyer...........

Anonymous said...

If you actually paid attention to your paper, you would know that the grocery store ads are included in the Wednesday edition, not Sunday.

joe albero said...

They're also in the Sunday Edition.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't even read mine today, it was so waterlogged it felt like a cinder block. I am CANCELING my subscription first thing tomorrow AM. Enough is enough with these yew hoos.

Anonymous said...

Canceled my subscription today!!
No Business section or Lifestyle Sections and the Comics again were ripped. At least you received ads I did not have any in my paper. Enough of us cancel maybe they will feel the effects. I just feel sorry for the people who have to represent such a poorly run paper.

Anonymous said...

cancel all you want, it isn't the subscriptions that keep them afloat. They won't take notice until the advertisers start cancelling. Stop doing business with the regular advertisers and tell they why you won't be spending your money at their places of business. Cut those ad dollars and you'll really be sending a message to Greg Bassett

Anonymous said...

The Daily Times had to get rid of Mel Toadvine because he was very bias on politics and had a lot of bitterness towards influentural people in Salisbury. Those people got even by going to the high ups in Thompson Newspapers and giving them their choice. Either get rid of Mel or we won't advertise anymore.

Anonymous said...

Mel was and is bias on politics; He and I haven't talked in months because of politics. The part where he was bitter towards influential people in Salisbury not so. Thompson wanted to change the newspaper, he and others were let go and later the women that came to Salisbury was also let go.
He is still friends with so called influential people. I'm the guy on the Harley last Sunday Joe.