Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, March 17, 2008

Salisbury News & Shorebirds Team Up


While attending the Easter Egg Hunt this weekend I was approached by the Shorebirds management to help promote events at the Shorebirds Stadium. Being a long time Minor League Baseball Fan, I immediately agreed to do so. There just aren't enough Family Entertainment things to do in the immediate Salisbury area and quite frankly, the Shorebirds do quite a bit for the community and we're honored to help out and give back.

It wasn't that many years ago I had a Skybox at the Baysox Stadium in Bowie, also co founded by Frank Perdue.Yankee Stadium was my favorite memories as a child, sitting behind the big iron beams that supported the upper decks. This, of course, was before they remodeled Yankee Stadium. Getting autographs from the all time greatest players from the mid 1960's, on. Men wore a suit and tie and the women were dressed as if they were out for a big night on the town. As I traveled in business I did my best to try to make it to other stadiums throughout the Country and when Minor League came to Maryland, I was all in.

I'd like to see more people turn out at the games this year and I can only hope by promoting it here on this Blog will help their attendance for Ball Games and Special Events.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Perdue Stadium is really a pleasant place to see a ball game and its great family fun out there.
Why more people don't take advantage of attending games is a mystery for me? You don't use it, you loose it.

A. Goetz

Anonymous said...

The Stadium really is a great place for families to get together~affordable too! The Autism Chapter Eastern Shore is hosting a fundraiser game at the Shorebirds Stadium on April 12th and 13th. The Saturday game is even a fireworks game! Everyone is very excited about "teaming" up with the Shorebirds to help children with Autism.