Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Andy Harris Delivers His Monday Message Exclusively On Salisbury News


Friends,

Once again, I want to thank everyone who supported me in the Republican Primary. It was a hard race, but thankfully we were victorious. I especially thank all of the local elected officials who stood publicly by my side. People trust their local elected officials and I believe that is why I did so well in Wicomico County.

Every day as I participate in the legislative session in Annapolis, I realize the serious issues facing our state. Illegal Immigration has once again become a hot-button issue. Last week, I once again threatened to filibuster (stand on the floor of the Senate and talk until the bill died) in-state tuition for illegal immigrants because I believe people whose first action when coming to this country is breaking the law, should not be given a tax-payer funded scholarship to college. .

Supporters say those of us who oppose in-state tuition for illegal immigrants are not compassionate. I believe opposing giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition is very compassionate. It shows I care about my law-abiding tax-paying citizens of Maryland. A Marylander should not be turned down at an in-state university because an illegal immigrant took their place.

I also believe giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition is not compassionate for illegal immigrants. When these illegal immigrants receive their degrees, they cannot be legally employed. That means that tax-payers will have subsidized the education of an illegal immigrant who cannot even get a job in the economy. If Maryland gives illegal immigrants in-state tuition they are giving those illegal immigrants a false hope of being able to be employed with that new degree.

I believe in-state tuition for illegal immigrants is wrong and I will do everything in my power to ensure Maryland does not begin giving in-state tuition to illegal immigrants.

God Bless,

Andy

P.S. Saturday March 1st I will be at the Somerset Republican Central Committee Lincoln Day Dinner. I look forward to seeing folks there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Andy!!! Why should my tax dollars pay for an illegals college education? Thank you!! You have my vote in November!

Anonymous said...

Can Andy check into chicken processing plants where seven workers have the same social security number? How do companies get away with that?

joe albero said...

Yes he can and has. Ask the same from Kratovil and the answer is, no he hasn't and no he can't. Get it now?

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Sounds like you didn't hear Kratovil on Bill Reddish's program this morning.

Don't print that "Andy beats Frank" headline until it's over.

Sincerely,

Thomas Dewey

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Joe:

Sounds like you didn't hear Kratovil on Bill Reddish's program this morning.

Don't print that "Andy beats Frank" headline until it's over.

Sincerely,

Thomas Dewey

2:32 PM

Tommy Boy must be another Dumbocrap!!

Anonymous said...

Read the Baltimore Sun...some people have Andy as high as 15 points over Kratovil, and one group has this District rated republican+10, which means it votes ten points over the national average for Republicans! Kratovil is in for a world of hurt, and he doesn't even know it yet...