Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sharptown Welcomes Congressional Candidate Andy Harris






Another Salisbury News Exclusive.
While thousands upon thousands of people were enjoying the Playoff Games this past Sunday, many of the fine people of Sharptown were enjoying the company of the Mayor, Mike Lewis, John Cannon and of course, Senator Andy Harris.

Andy seems to truly appreciate the interest so many people have shown towards this congressional race and especially his message. The warm welcome he receives wherever he goes clearly proves people want a change.

I have to admit, if I ever consider moving again and I stay on this side of Salisbury, I'm moving to Sharptown! What a beautiful place and great people.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Today is the 35 anniversary of the Supreme Court's decision in "ROE VERSUS WADE". There are rallies planned in many cities -- what about here? Are you going to cover the big one in DC?

Anonymous said...

LOL.... you would never make it in that town, they would run your ass out before you could blink.

joe albero said...

ROTFLMAO!

Delaware is the place to live, everyone is learning that now.

One anonymous poster making the same comments. Gotta love those Anti Albero Bloggers, eh?

Anonymous said...

Delaware’s personal income tax system consists of six brackets and a top rate of 5.95% kicking in at an income level of $60,000. That top rate ranks 27th highest among states levying an individual income tax.

Source: http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/topic/
18.html

joe albero said...

OK smart ass, let's play your game and see who wins?

I have 7.5 acres of land, a 3,500 sq. ft. home and a 3,000 sq. ft. barn. I pay $1,200.00 a year in taxes. NEED I SAY MORE???????

Anonymous said...

Sharptown is nasty. Full of river rats and roaches.

Anonymous said...

I have a very small home in the city of Salisbury. my Sq footage is 1392 and my property taxes were $ 3,376.66. So I think im moving out of this state & into DE whenever I get the chance!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Sharptown is nasty. Full of river rats and roaches.
11:59 AM

Actually we do have ants and a few mice but I have never seen any rats or roaches.

I grew up in Salisbury and went away to college, when I came back, I was looking for a nice starter home so that maybe one day I could get married and start a family. I was lucky enough to find that home in Sharptown. Oh yea, and I got married and started a family.

People care, the town cares, and there is plenty to do for the kids. We have a wonderful Rec dept and two well taken care of parks.

I am not part of the fire company, but I must add that they are a very professional and hard working bunch. They run a tight ship and because of this they have dedicated individuals that keep the town safe. They also run a clean carnival that many families can enjoy year after year.

Of course there are a few bad apples in every bunch but life would be boring without a few of them. And I won't go there.

I had planned on attending to hear what Andy had to say but was under the weather. Sorry I missed it.

Good day from a proud resident of Ant Town a.k.a Sharptown.