Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 14, 2008

Are You Nuts?


This first piece of property is what Real Estate Agents would like to call, "UNIQUE." So what's so unique about it? Well, for starters it's very rare they get their hands on such a property and when they do, they actually hope to retire off that "One Hit Wonder." Do YOU think a 190 acre piece of land is worth anywhere near $19,000,000.00? Barrie Tilghman might. Heck, she'd park condos, a TIF, new Library and a new Fire Station on it and sell it to the Taxpayers as a great deal!


Jill Yost has always been known as a fair Agent, seriously. I chose this home because it's priced right. It's affordable, clean and if Jill priced it, I know she's done her homework and that's why she's been around so long. Are there skeletons in her closet? I can't tell you that.

I can tell you this. I purchased 32 acres of land in Willards and paid $150,000.00 for it. Somehow I just can't picture selling if for $10,000,000.00 but I'll consider the 1st Agent because she knows what she's doing and she'll probably flip that property really quick because it's such a great deal. NOT!

Come on now. Don't you realize that there are 2,000+ Agents looking at that Ad thinking, does she actually believe she knows what she's doing? My guess is they're all thinking, well, I knew someone would be stupid enough to take on that listing for that kind of money. I wonder who will be next after the listing expires?

More to come......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that property in the city limits?

joe albero said...

There are telephone numbers to each agent. Drop them a line and tell them Salisbury News/Joe Albero sent you.

Anonymous said...

Joe that property is in Fruitland and I took a walk around it on Sat. Location is bad. Rental unit next door bad shape.Top City storage sheds on lot facing it. some problems with siding in back.This picture is not worth a thousand words.

joe albero said...

Oh, the nasty comments are flying in Folks! Some cannot be put up as I decided this year I would not allow certain types of comments. However, Agents, easy now. LOL

Anonymous said...

Joe,

I have to agree with you. Someone takes a test and is "all of a sudden" blessed with the ability to appraise property? I doubt that!

You're correct in stating that they want to do the one hit wonder and retire off their 6% load.... load of crap is what it is.

Honestly, what makes any of these sharks feel that they are worth 6% to begin with? What is so different TODAY from 10 years AGO that they deserve to continue to get 6%??

Burns my backside that these sharks are out there taking a larger share of someone's nest egg just because they have to buy some ad space in a magazine or newspaper.

Bullsh*t. With all the properties I've sold I have made the agent change their commission.

Not a one in the lot worth 6%.

O.k. you pack of sharks... let the comments fly.

BossHogg said...

Joe:

More examples of a broken pricing system promoted by the Chicago real estate mob aka national Association of realturds.

The sellers are sucking on the crack pipe of phantom equity.

This property would be lucky to cross the $2 million mark at auction.