Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 14, 2008

A Concerned Reader Reaches Out

Didn't know if you had anyone lately say anything about a white man driving a tan taurus like car stopping people for money? I was approached twice last night by the same guy. Once at the Rite Aid at Civic Ave and Mt. Hermon and a few minutes later at La Tolteca.

I saw him go to Goin Nuts after he stopped me at Rite Aid and he stopped my friends as we were going into LaTolteca. He's scary because he drove up beside my car, jumped out and left his car running and his door open. That crap cares me and I didn't know if he had stopped anyone else.

Did anyone else see this guy doing this? If so, please comment what you saw and I'm confident the proper authorities will do something about it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm putting all thugs on notice right now. I am going through menopause and have a GUN. Any questions?

Donna

joe albero said...

Yeah Biotch, got any spare change? LMAO

Anonymous said...

BANG!

It only takes one shot when you know what you're doing. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. There's your answer!! It must be the owner of Goin' Nuts.. He probably went broke after bitching about the Christmas Parade. Case Solved!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, when something like this happens, call the cops and give as thorough a description as you can. I've been accosted in parking lots before, then watched as they went to work other folks. It is scary, because some can be pushy and intimidating, and target ladies with small kids and the elderly. Many establishments post "no panhandling" signs.

Anonymous said...

I have called the police and they said "ok" and didnt even ask where I was. I figured there was no need to call this time. I am a young female and I get tired of being approached everytime I go somewhere. It usually happens around Blockbuster and Giant.

Anonymous said...

If he went to Going Nuts he wont get anything but a hard time and he wont be able to use the restroom either.

Anonymous said...

the same has happened to me before more than once, it's kinda sad...once a older lady drove up in a car in a establishement with presumably her grandson while i was getting into my car. She got out and said "she was with her grandson and needed gas money" I said i had none, then with a hurumph got back in her car driving around the shopping area...mmm if she was so desperate for gas wouldn't she wait at a gas station for a good samaritan?

Anonymous said...

Try and get the plate number then they can run the plates and get his info