Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 14, 2008

COMING SOON: A New Forum On Salisbury News

For quite some time I have been contemplating the idea of creating a small team to go out once a week and try out different Restaurants throughout the Salisbury area. I discussed it with some friends, (people I thought might be interested in being a part of the critics corner) and as expected, they loved the idea.

Well Folks, you know me, I don't hold back and like it or not, Joe Albero is going to hit the streets starting this week and will be coming to a Restaurant near you. Far too many of them SUCK around here and very few of them are fantastic. Now it's time to stir the pot and create a place where YOU can participate by sharing your own opinions about your experiences at each particular place.

Another Forum I'm working on is a Real Estate Review. For what it's worth, I've been buying and selling real estate for many years and I know a good deal when I see it and I know a con job when one comes along.

I am sick and tired of these BS Real Estate Agents who are absolutely CLUELESS that come along and list a piece of property for TWICE what it's worth. There's the other side of the coin as well. There are greedy Real Estate Agents who list properties for far less than what they're worth and if they don't get a bunch of people immediately bidding higher prices against one and other, that property owner gets screwed by his/her Agent.

I think it's high time someone challenge these people in an Industry never challenged before. The Daily Times won't touch them because they create a TON of income in advertising. I don't have that worry. If you thought the Fire Fighters were touchy, wait till you see the Real Estate Agents!!!!!

So 2008 is going to be really cool around here. We're not just a Blog, we're an adventure too. LOL

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OhOh... these reaturants had better double their portions & cut their prices, Joe's coming, LOL.

Anonymous said...

We were having a conversation last night about several new restaurants in and around Salisbury that we had not tried. There is one near the college where Round One Bagel shop used to be, and one in the Giant Shopping Center where the dentist office used to be. I'll be checking them out soon and let you know how they are.
farm boy

Anonymous said...

Joe, as you know I am a fan of Good Food. I post my recipes, ect.. and love trying new things. Need a hand getting some reviews done? Let me know if I can help. Thanks, Average Girl

joe albero said...

I believe we'd enjoy a woman's point of view as well. Contact me and we'll set it up.

Anonymous said...

By announcing that you are a restaurant critic all you are managing to do is insure good service and the best portions whenever you go out to eat. Who does this benefit besides you? Especially when your face is plastered all over the internet. Not much being a mystery critic there is there?
JPH

Anonymous said...

Joe, Someone I know was a resturant critic, and they were unknown.. I do think that the chances of your being un noticed, or un recognized is slim to none.
So, my advise is to make a list, and let others rate serice, cleaniliness, wait staff, food, price, smell etc.

It is a great idea, however, you just are too well known. I do think we could help you, and send you our comments.
It could be a sub-blog...not for subs... but for rating things around town... so, lets do it, and see after a few months where to eat and how we have rated the places we have. This could get really intresting.

This is a great I like it.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I would be more than happy to do this for you. The only thing better than good food is great service.

Anonymous said...

how does zillow.com get the right to value our homes. our new assessment came straight from zillow. the national market is not the same locally. once something "gets here", it's old news everywhere else. the market was in a big downturn by the time we got our new assessment.

BossHogg said...

Joe:

The National Association of Realtors AKA the Chicago real estate mob is a monopoly.

They have made the rules and written laws for over 50-years and grown to over 1.4 million members each paying over $300 per year in dues... do the math on that one.

The price, list, hold and sell method is broken and cannot be fixed.

As a full time nationwide real estate auctioneer I am a believer in open transparent transactions.

The realtor laws require secret one-on-one negotiations, heck an agent cannot even tell you what the last bid or offer was on a property... they can't even tell you why the property is for sale.

After I got my Maryland real estate license in 1988, I found out all of the things that licensees are supposed and required to hide from consumers.

The only way you are allowed to tell certain things like motivation, condition of property, was if you were specifically asked, then to give no more information.

Adding insult to injury one MUST join the realtor association or you may not work for a broker who is a member and you are not allowed access to the MLS...

There is no choice its a do not pass go if you do not bow down and kiss the ring of the Holy NAR and agree to all its rules, regulations , promise never to sue or tell of its sins.

I have never paid a bribe or kickback for a contract and staunchly refused to pay mob taxes or extortion so I declined the generous gun to my head offer to join the real estate mafia.

Instead I worked for developers, banks, lenders and institutional real estate sellers before becoming an auctioneer.

Talk about overpriced property, the past president of the Chicago real estate mafia has been unable to sell his overpriced house since 2006, here is a link to a story about it:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/338664/Housing-Market-Facts-is

Go get em tiger