Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 28, 2008

22 Years Ago Today!


Ladies & Gentlemen, time has a way of slipping by us so fast we just don't realize it. However, this article will bring the reality of the speed of time and just how fast it goes by.

Today marks the 22nd Anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster back in 1986! To think there are some people reading this Post who weren't even born then! We lost some unbelievable people in this disaster and the very first Teacher to attempt to go into outer space.

So if you remember this moment, take a moment of silence and remember these hero's who lost their lives 22 years ago today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I certainly remember it. I was sitting in the cafeteria in Pomona NJ. I was a college intern for the FAA, there doing work for them. There were several TVs in the lunch room. The whole room went silent when we saw what happened. I don't recall if it was a live feed or not, but I do remember that we all looked around at each other in total disbelief in misunderstanding. It was a day I will never never forget.

Anonymous said...

I remember it as well. I was in the Navy and enjoying a pool-side breakfast at the Marmont Hotel in beautiful downtown Barrio Baretto, Philipines Islands (which is just a short jeepney ride from Olongapo City). By then, shuttle launches had become routine and I was hardly paying attention. The station was broadcasting in Tagalog, so until we could find an English speaking one we were sort of clueless.

Anonymous said...

Remember it well was in a junior in school and heard about it in chemistry class

Anonymous said...

I remember. I was in 8th period Math class in high school. Ealier in te morning. my Science teacher who had worked for NASA and retired, was acting funny and even told us he had a "very wierd felling" about the launch. Nevertheles, he had a television set up so his class could watch. I remember the announcement over the loud speaker at school. It was a day that I also will never ever forget.