Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dave White, (Pittsville Diner) Sees Even More Competition


As many of you know, I own some property in Pittsville, therefore I go there from time to time to make sure everything is in order. As I drove through last week I noticed another restaurant getting ready to open up. It appears to be an Italian restaurant called "Good Fellows". I think it's good to see some more competition in the area.

For the longest time Dave Whites Pittsville Dinette was the only game in town. When Station 7 opened up people from other areas started to come to Pittsville to try something new. Dave White still won't talk to me because I sold my building to the Wamplers but I don't know why. Station 7, although it has excellent food on the menu and a unique atmosphere fitting for it's location, hasn't taken any business from the Pittsville Dinette. Dave White has a loyal following and with all due respect, when people want to see the bluish gray meat of a muskrat with it's four legs sticking straight up in the air, they go to Dave's - peo ple say he's got the best in town (even though I'll never be able to speak from experience). No Offense......lol ;) He does have other good fare on the menu as well an impressive display of NASCAR and Coca Cola memorabilia, but having one restaurant in town is hardly enough to choose from.

How long before you've eaten at every restaurant within 30 minutes of where you live? I look forward to having another restaurant to choose from. When Good Fellows opens up, everyone should try to go there just once to see if you like it. Italians really know how to bring good food to the table and I'm not just saying that because - well, you know. Pittsville is really starting to have attractions to bring people to the area. When people start coming regularly, more businesses will want to locate there.

To the owner of Good Fellows - Benvenuto Paisan

7 comments:

Ray said...

Goodfellows is the same bunch that have a pizza shop in Delmar, have you eaten their food? I have and ........

Anonymous said...

yeah i know what you mean. i was raised and taught how to cook by a real italian, born and raised, so when you eat good italian food and make it yourself, it does not compare, and sorry folks, not too many good italian joints around here.

Anonymous said...

The same bunch also has OC Beer and Wine on Old Ocean City Road in Salisbury. The food is passable but a little pricey.

Chimera said...

We do have a shortage of good,affordable Italian eateries around here-I personally would love to find a decent Spaghetti Carbonara-nobody else in my home likes it so when I make it I end up eating it for a week!!!!My recipe uses bacon rather than the authentic recipe pork jowls but its still the bomb!!!

Anonymous said...

I was at OC Road Beer and Wine earlier and asked about this.
Yes, they are the same bunch that has Goodfellas in Delmar but are not associated with the new restaurant in Pittsville in any way.

Bob said...

The best Italian food in the area IMO is Vinnies Laroma in the 'Bury. I've had a lot of conversation with him about recipes from the Old Country. If you ask him, he will make any Italian dish you want, even if it's not on the menu, provided you give him enough notice. I'm gonna get him to make a tray of "Brujole" for Thanksgiving.

Bob said...

Also...the correct spelling is "Braciole", but the spelling I put up is more like the way it is commonly pronounced.