Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Don't Care What They Say, This Was Not Caused At 35 mph!





Although someone commented yesterday saying they had seen the report from the State Police on this accident in Hebron, I went to the State Police yesterday and made the attempt to get the documents. I was told the report was just about finished but someone needed to sign off on it before "anyone" can see it.

There have been comments that IF the Fire Fighter had been in excess of the speed limit he would be found at fault. The speed limit in this area is 30 or 35 mph! The woman driving south bound allegedly turning left and then correcting her turn at the last second in the hopes of getting out of the way turned back into her lane in the hopes the Fire Vehicle would stay in his lane and go around. That didn't happen but I can assure you, she wasn't going 30 or 35 mph at the time of the collision and she may have even been at a complete stop when the two hit.

That being said, you don't get this kind of damage at 35 mph! You don't flip end over end at 35 mph. That is MY OPINION anyway. This Post is to show the damage and let the people decide what to believe when the full report does in fact come out. In the mean time, please don't say you have the report, when you don't. I can't wait to see this report.

4 comments:

SalisburyFire said...

I never stated that I saw the report. So don't pull a dailytimes and put words in my mouth. I stated I had been told that he was not facing charges and the accident was ruled against the deceased. You just said the women started to proceed with her left turn and changed her mind. So how do you know she was at a complete stop and not just trying to whip the turn and beat the truck. Then at the last minute changed her mind. You don't and niether do I. I possess pictures from a few accidents that were low speed collisions with extensive damage if you need proof that speed is not the only factor. Oh and yes you can flip end over end at 35 MPH. If the force from the impact forces the vehichle into the air it's weight will keep it going.

joe albero said...

Your true colors are shining, that's all I have to say. I'm not going to sit here and fight with you. Find someone else to pick on today. Better yet, go to the Pound. It can get anyone in a better mood.

SalisburyFire said...

I'm not picking on you Joe. You don't see me up in arms everytime you post on a fire department issue. I pick and choose my battles. I picked this one because you were attacking a brother. Within a day of the accident you were posting about it and you jumped right into him speeding, not using lights/sirens and his personal driving record. Instead of reporting the facts. Now if the report would have found Steve at fault, then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on trying to defend him.

Tim Chaney said...

That is a lot of damage to both vehicles to believe one vehicle was stopped and the other was going 35 MPH.

I'm not an accident recreation expert or a firefighter, however I've been driving 34 years and I've never seen anything like that done at such a slow speed.

I'm not knocking firefighters. Think about what was said about not believing half of what you see and even less of what you hear, the same may be said about an investigation, wouldn't be the first time.