Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Warning To Delmarve Dealings About Bubba's Bike Trail

I'd be careful about what you're supporting if I were you. The Salisbury Zoo started out with a $18,200,000.00 Master Plan, now it's more than $36,000,000.00 and they assured "everyone" not a penny would come from taxpayers. Guess what G.A., they're not even finished with their first project and they're already asking the Council for $500,000.00 for an animal services building. Did I forget to mention not a penny was coming from taxpayers?

Bubba can claim all of this will come from grants, I don't buy it one bit. This is how these guys get these projects started and when the grants run out they throw it on the taxpayers to finish it off.

I'd also like to know another thing from Bubba. What research has he done that shows bicycle sales have hit an all time high for this kind of demand? I haven't seen a thing proving this is the trend. There's more interest in paintball and skate board parks than there is in bicycles these days.

So cut the campaign BS and get out there and start cleaning up the graffiti. That might impress the citizens more than another loophole like the major fiasco Jim Rapp and Ron Alessi have going at the Salisbury Zoo. Spending $36,000,000.00 on a Zoo that is 100% in a flood plane zone, give me a break! Idiots!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats the big deal about being in a flood plain? Thats what NFS insurance is for. The only reason they are in a flood plain is because of the proximity to a river. I just fail to see the problem with being in a flood plain. In truth, we all live in a flood plain.

joe albero said...

Rather than jumping down your throat for being such an IDIOT, I'm going to try to be nice here.

MANY animals can't swim! Tons of animals have died over the years at the Zoo because of flooding. Do YOU ever read other posts Wit? The prairie dogs are a perfect example. I believe more than 20 of them have died from drowning in their own burrows!

I'm NOT going to waste any more time on a stupid question like that and just know this was a very nice message to you. Idiot!

So everyone else knows, Historical Wit has been on a major attack saying some pretty nasty things about me and my family on other Blogs. This is why I state I'm being VERY nice here. He's LUCKY he's even posting here at all.

Oh, and if you don't like it Wit, leave.