Type of Incident: Enforcement Efforts – April 2019
The mission of the Maryland State Police is to serve the people of Maryland and those who visit our State through purposed policing that protects our citizens, prevents criminal acts and traffic crashes, and provides the highest quality of law enforcement services available anywhere. This is accomplished through a network of local barracks and specialized units working in consultation and cooperation with allied public safety agencies to address issues impacting public safety in Maryland and each jurisdiction through an inter-jurisdictional strategy.
The Maryland State Police – Salisbury Barrack strives each day to fulfill our mission all the while remaining focused on our core values of integrity, fairness and service. In doing so, Troopers were able to accomplish the following during the month of April 2019;
- Handled 33 motor vehicle collisions
- Conducted 1346 traffic stops while issuing 909 citations, 911 warnings and 119 safety equipment repair orders
- Arrested 24 drivers for operating vehicles under the influence (DUI)
- Investigated 77 criminal complaints
- Arrested 17 adults and 2 juveniles for violations of various state laws
- 9 adults were arrested for possessing a Controlled Dangerous substance
- 33 persons were investigated, identified, located and arrested for outstanding warrants
- Dispatched to 842 various other calls for service
Troopers of the MSP Salisbury Barrack have set the bar in trying to be truthful and transparent in an effort to advance a culture of honesty, clarity and trust. We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do. We will be proactive, take initiative, and try to anticipate citizens’ needs. We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement state policies and procedures.