Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 07, 2018

Man Unable to Speak, Walk, See or Breathe Days After Getting Flu Shot

‘It’s the last time anyone in my family will ever get one’

A Las Vegas man lost his vision, became partially paralyzed and has been unable to breathe without assistance since getting a flu shot last month.

Shane Morgan and his wife Monique decided to get flu shots on November 2, believing it would help protect them and young family members ahead of the busy holiday season.

But what they thought was a pro-active measure turned to horror when Shane began losing feeling in his arms and legs.

“About 36-hours after he got the flu shot he started to get sick,” Monique explained to KSNV.

“I never dreamed that any of this could ever happen,” Shane told local media.

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very real and serious reaction to the flu shot. Not worth the risk!

Anonymous said...

It does make you wonder. Is there a certain percentage of people who will have a bad reaction but the number is so low that it is considered better to use than not. A risk made personally. I don't think flu shots are deadly to everyone.

Anonymous said...

NEVER get a flu shot plain and simple!

Anonymous said...

They never tell you the truth about these freakin shots. I had been talking with my pharmacist about shingles shots because I had already had shingles several times. "Oh, yes the vaccine will prevent them from reoccurring," I was told. Anyway I got shingles again and had to wait x number of months before I could go get the shot. When I got there they told me I should wait two more months because a new shot was coming out this year that REALLY would prevent shingles with a 90-95 percent effective rate. Guess what the old shot effectiveness was-40%. Now why didn't they tell me that when I was talking to them about getting the first shot? I guess because nobody would bother taking the shot if told it was only 40% effective. Long story short, I finally got the new shot, under duress, because I've had shingles 7-8 times. After I got it I read that it is only about 85% effective. I'll take that but why lie about it to start with. Sometimes we have to get these shots anyway, but at least tell us the truth and let us make the choice if we are willing to take that chance with our health.

Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true caveman.

Anonymous said...

Can't be true the government says it's good for you