Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Republican Jeb Hensarling retiring

U.S. Rep. Jeb Hensarling, (R-Dallas), won't run for re-election next year.

"Today I am announcing that I will not seek re-election to the US Congress in 2018. Although service in Congress remains the greatest privilege of my life, I never intended to make it a lifetime commitment, and I have already stayed far longer than I had originally planned," Hensarling wrote to supporters today.

Hensarling has represented Congressional District 5 in the Dallas area since 2003. He chairs the powerful Financial Services Committee and has been a strong voice in regulating the financial industry.

"Although I will not be running for reelection, there are 14 months left in my congressional term to continue the fight for individual liberty, free enterprise, and limited constitutional government - the causes for which I remain passionate."

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only those passions extended to the rest of the party.