Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Drinking beer can lift your spirits, researchers claim

It's the perfect excuse to take part in Oktoberfest.

For researchers have found that drinking beer can lift your spirits and make you feel good about yourself.

Hordenine, abundant in malted barley - a key ingredient in the alcoholic beverage, activates dopamine receptors in the brain.

This then triggers a surge of the feel-good chemical to the decision-making area of the brain, German scientists claim.

The findings also go someway to explain why some people are never able to stop at just one drink - and end up staying for multiple.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow.

Anonymous said...

While reasonable amounts of beer activate the "feel good" parts of the brain, drinking more beer once that level is achieved will activate the "act stupid" part.

Anonymous said...

I like beer, it makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow (Makes him feel mellow)
Whiskey's too rough, Champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer

Anonymous said...

I knew it. thank you miller. I'm a happy camper right now. (map)