Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, August 28, 2017

Trump Reportedly Slams Administration's Globalists, Demands "Bring Me China Tariffs"

It appears Goldman and the Globalist gang in The White House may have less power and influence than assumed in the absence of Steve Bannon. In what could be one of the most comprehensive (and easily traced) leaks from within Trump's administration, Axios reports details of a small Oval Office meeting with Trump raging at senior staff as they push back against his hawkish trade war position.

Seemingly frustrated at his senior staff's efforts to wage economic war against China, Trump lashed out at his new Chief of Staff General Kelly:

"John, you haven't been in a trade discussion before, so I want to share with you my views. For the last six months, this same group of geniuses comes in here all the time and I tell them...

Tariffs. I want tariffs.' And what do they do? They bring me IP. I can't put a tariff on IP."

Axios, who confirm this account by sources with knowledge of the meeting and undisputed by the White House, explain in great detail, thatGary Cohn, a globalist who opposes tariffs and the protectionist trade measures pushed by the nationalist Bannonites, had his shoulders slumped and was clearly appalled by the situation.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lost my job at Airpax in Cambridge , thanks to cheap overseas labor.

Bring on the tariffs. This is why I voted for Trump.

Bob Pinto

Anonymous said...

Won't happen. Too much money involved.