Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

'U.S. Told Me to Buy My Own Ticket Home'

Iranian-American pastor Saeed Abedini, who was jailed in Iran for evangelization and released in January, said that, upon his release, the U.S. government flew him to Germany for a health check-up but then told him he had to purchase his own plane ticket home to the United States.

“In Germany, actually, they told us, ‘You need to buy your own ticket to come to the United States,’ and I was shocked,” said Abedini in a Sept. 22 interview on the Fox Business Network. “I said, ‘How come?’ And they said ‘that was our job to bring you out of Iran, not bring you inside the United States.’”

“I talked to other Americans in the hospital and we were all actually shocked because I thought that, I just came out and I had prison clothes, nothing, and they told us you need to buy your own ticket,” said Abedini, who had converted to Christianity from Shia Islam in 2000.

Abedini believes that he and the other hostages were released only after the secret $400 million payment by the Obama administration to the Iranian government had changed hands.

More here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave T: Free travel to the U.S. is now only available to terrorist refugees. Normal, everyday, working people are second class. Thanks Obozo for all your "hope and change."

Anonymous said...

Faced with that situation, I probably would not return to the US.
On the other hand, I would have never been in Iran.

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with this.

Anonymous said...

He chose to go over there, he went on his own and he can get home on his own. Why should i as a tax payer pay his way?

Anonymous said...

Hey, be glad that we saved your behind and leave it at that.