Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Zackery Tyndall first to file for 2016 Berlin town election

Late last year, Zackery Tyndall and the Berlin Fire Company settled a two-year harassment suit that Mayor Gee Williams said, “created a wound” within the town.

Now, Tyndall, 26, and a recent Salisbury University graduate, says he would like to be the next Town Councilmember in Berlin’s District 2.

Tyndall was born and raised in Berlin, living on Grice and Grace streets, before buying his own home at the age of 20.

After wrapping up the lawsuit in October and graduating from SU in December, Tyndall says he is in something of a “transition period.”

“I feel almost like I’ve been put in a can, shaken around a lot, and then dumped out on the other side. It’s still a little difficult to find my way,” he said during an interview last Friday. “Now I’m just out on the other side trying to figure out what I like. I graduated with a degree in management and finance, so I have a passion for that.

“I think when you go to school you learn that there’s so much more to learn. If I could find something that would give me a deeper understanding of how businesses operate, I would enjoy that a lot,” he added.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for him...but why are we reading this??

Anonymous said...

how about lisa hall running for mayor. just so happens,berlin police dept. received a call last week in the early morning hours of a strange car in a driveway.turns out lisa hall was passed out drunk behind the wheel and her drivers liscense was suspended prior. im sure going to vete for her as mayor. her and gee are drinking buddys!