Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 04, 2016

Another Hate Crime: Third Marine Says He Was Beaten Unconscious

Grant Gray, who enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps in 2011 and spent most of 2015 serving in Afghanistan, tells Columbus, Ohio police he was the target of a hate crime.

Gray says he doesn’t remember much, but the officer who responded to the call said Gray was “stumbling” and recalled being beaten by three black men who repeatedly referred to him as “white.”

“I’m not going to lie to you. I have a concussion and I really don’t know the full details,” Gray told police. “I even had an Apple watch on and they didn’t steal that.”

Grant, who says he’s suffered a severe concussion, says he was out at a bar with a high school friend when he stepped outside to make a phone call. The next thing he knew, he was being beaten.

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks as though white people better start traveling together in packs in order to protect themselves. If that is the case black thugs will suffer tremendously bacause they are mostly cowards to begin with.

Anonymous said...

You don't see the Army men getting beat up, just saying

Anonymous said...

801 your an idiot.

Anonymous said...

8:01--
Not the time for branch rivalry. One of our own got jumped, & that's what you come up with??! Can I buy you a clue? Short-term lease, perhaps?

Ed Cannell said...

As a former Sgt. in the Marines I take offense to the comment from 08:01 .you have zero clue for what it takes to be a Marine male or female .i am thinking you have worn a uniform of our armed forces . Btw I have only fought to defend myself or someone else . I respect all of our troops regardless of branch or color of skin . It bothers me that wannabes run their mouths and turn tails when $..t hits the fan . Semper Fi do or die

Ed Cannell said...

As a former Sgt. in the Marines I take offense to the comment from 08:01 .you have zero clue for what it takes to be a Marine male or female .i am thinking you have worn a uniform of our armed forces . Btw I have only fought to defend myself or someone else . I respect all of our troops regardless of branch or color of skin . It bothers me that wannabes run their mouths and turn tails when $..t hits the fan . Semper Fi do or die

Anonymous said...

These guys are nothing but a bunch of punks. Every time this gets reported its always a group why not be a man pull your pants up and confront somebody face to face if you have a problem. These boys getting jumped will get sick of it and go about handling their business

Anonymous said...

The bad part about these animals is 5 jump you but they have to suckered first.

Anonymous said...

8:01 most of the army is black!!!

Anonymous said...

6:31 and Ed Cannell
First, half the Army may or may not be black don't know don't care, when I was in afganistan there was two in my unit. Second, Ed I could care less if your little feelings got hurt you semper if guys were a bunch of drunks that tried to gang up on other forces mainly the Air Force. There is a reason they call you jar heads, go figure that one out. Let me guess first to go last to know. Now like I said before, you don't see Army men getting jumped now do you. Oh and most of you guys are 5'5 at best no wonder you had to gang up on the airforce guys at the bars