Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, October 03, 2015

‘In My Head There Is The Old Alex And The New Alex’; Family’s ‘New Normal’ Evolving With Community’s Help

OCEAN CITY – Amy Wood remembers having an almost out-of-body experience the moment her 4- year-old son’s pediatrician uttered the words that changed her family’s lives forever.

“He said, you need to go to a hospital immediately, because this could be a sign of a brain tumor or brain cancer,” recalls Wood. “I just felt like I was floating above the room and watching that conversation from outside of my own body, and thinking, is that what he really just said? But, looking back on it, I think I knew right then that everything was going to be different.”

The Fork In The Road

May 21, 2015 started like any other day at the Wood family house in West Ocean City.

More

No comments: