Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 24, 2015

Why George W. Bush Let a Soldier’s Mom Yell at Him

News of America’s military men and women were wounded and killed in Iraq and Afghanistan almost overwhelmed me on some days. I may have sounded strong when I was talking to the press, but sometimes I had to push my feelings way down in order to get any words out of my mouth to make statements and answer questions.

The hardest days were when President Bush went to visit the wounded or families of the fallen. If it was tough for me, you can only imagine what it was like for the families and for a president who knew that his decisions led his troops into battles where they fought valiantly but were severely injured or lost their lives.

He regularly visited patients at Walter Reed military hospital near the White House. These stops were unannounced because of security concerns and hassles for the hospital staff that come with a full blown presidential visit.

More

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Please tell Ms. Perino that in Navyese "CNO" means Chief of Naval Operations.

Poop Deck Pappy

Anonymous said...

Great story. Having met GWB a month after 9/11, I can tell you he was a much different man in person that what came across on television. A man of great compassion and warmth; deep faith and charisma too.

Anonymous said...

You would never see obummer show that much dignity

Anonymous said...

If she did that to our king and master, she would be under arrest.

Anonymous said...

Wow