Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Don't Forget To Visit Pork In The Park This Weekend

County Executive Bob Culver wanted to make sure everyone enjoyed this event by making it affordable to all. He reduced the entrance fee from $7.00 per person down to $3.00 per person. 

Another exciting announcement is that two Wicomico County Schools have reserved the Wicomico County YOUTH and Civic Center for their Proms this year. This is something that hasn't happened in many years.

Executive Culver REDUCED the fees, making it the most affordable place to celebrate these type of events. Throughout his campaign Mr. Culver listened to the public and agreed, it isn't called the YOUTH and Civic Center for nothing. He agrees that this location shouldn't be about MAKING MONEY. 

As for those complaining, (or trying to) about Pork in the Park not being a competition this year, SO WHAT! YOU were never able to taste ANY of the food from the competition anyway. I tip my hat to ALL the people involved by bringing this event back to the County. Next year the County will be back on the competition schedule and you'll see the competition return. 

In the mean time, children can enjoy all of the activities as well as all of the Bands that will be performing. I can add that ALL of the vendor spots have been SOLD OUT, so there will be plenty of stuff to purchase and eat. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A DIFFERENCE AN UNDERSTANDING REPUBLICAN COUNTY EXEC.NEEDS DOING. THATS WHY I VOTED FOR HIM AND IAM A DEM.

Anonymous said...



THANK YOU BOB CULVER

Anonymous said...

Smart move

Anonymous said...

I pretty much had made my mind up that I was not going this year if I had to pay $7.00 to get in. Thank you Bob for lowering the price of admission and now I will be going along with other members of my family. Tricky Rick was never for the people!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, just wonderful. Those proms should be at the Civic Center, thank you Bob Culver. And thank you for lowering the price of the event this weekend. We don't go, but I know those that do will appreciate what you have done.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been in 4 or 5 years. I'll be there this year! Thank you Bob Culver and our county representatives. I didn't even miss the Salisbury festival, it's a festival of drunks downtown every 3rd Friday now.

Anonymous said...

Gary Mac is gone now and things are looking up. So much for people thinking they can't be replaced by someone better.

Anonymous said...

YOU might not have been able to taste the competition bbq but I ate my fill.

Anonymous said...

@ 9:14,
Lol, same here! The reality is that they were given a ton of meat to smoke yet only submit 10% of it. They wind up left with more than they can even eat. Many we're glad to give it away, and man did their BBQ but the food vendors to shame!

Anonymous said...

The admission fee is to deter the rabble that would otherwise invade the event, making it unsafe and unpleasant for most people. But $7 was too high.

We quit going a few years ago, too much of a letdown to hear about all the world class bbq being cooked up, and the delicious smell of roasting pig over a smoky fire. Only to then stand in a long line to pay a premium price on top of admission for a pricey, unimpressive sandwich. Some of the worst bbq ever.

I would be willing to go again if the opportunity was there to actually eat some bbq prepared by the entrants. I 'd pay money to taste bbq better than I can get at home.

******** said...

The kcbs competitors supply their own meat for the kcbs side of the comp.