Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ariz. man buys watch for $6, sells it for $35,000

An Arizona bargain hunter stumbled on a rare wristwatch at Goodwill. Then he made a bundle selling it to a timepiece enthusiast.

It had taken a licking and was ripe for the picking.

But only if you knew the real value of a 1959 Jaeger-LeCoultre diving watch.

And Zach Norris of Phoenix knows his watches.

He saw the rare timepiece, sans wrist band, at his local Goodwill store. The price tag said $5.99.

"I didn't even want to give it to her scan," he says of his rock bottom-priced purchase. "I was like, 'You can scan it in my hand if your want to.' I just didn't want to let it go," he told KTVK-TV.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have given her at least $100 anyway because the money goes to a good cause (I assume)

Anonymous said...

Just stop 8:15! He paid what was wanted.

Anonymous said...

Should have kept his mouth shut. Now the government will want their cut.