Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 26, 2014

Hogan's daughter speaks out against Brown’s lies in latest TV ad

ANNAPOLIS, MD – September 26, 2014 – Larry Hogan’s daughter, Jaymi Sterling, speaks out against the false smear campaign Anthony Brown is running against her father in a campaign ad released today. In the ad, she rebukes recent false claims from the Brown campaign and reinforces Hogan’s support for women’s rights.

"I could not be more proud of my daughter Jaymi and her sisters Julie and Kim. They are three strong, independent women who have been successful in all of their endeavors. When Jaymi saw the outright lies my opponent is saying about me, she wanted to set the record straight once and for all,” said Hogan. “It's unfortunate that my opponent is so desperate, so unwilling to talk about the real issues, and so unable to defend his own 8 year record that he feels he has to stoop to these outrageous, false attacks in an effort to cling to his power."

Hogan’s daughter said, "The fact that Anthony Brown is trying to frighten women into not voting for my dad is disgraceful. This represents exactly why women, and all Marylanders, are tired of politics and politicians as usual. Marylanders deserve a honest, forthright conversation on the issues that people care about, and leadership that has a plan to turn our economy around. I believe that leadership is what we will get from my dad, Larry Hogan."

TRANSCRIPT:

"Let me tell you about my dad, Larry Hogan. He married my mom and became the father of three independent, strong young women. These ads attacking him as anti-woman are just wrong. He is the only candidate who favors over the counter birth control, covered by insurance, and he is committed to not changing current Maryland law on choice. Dad encouraged my sisters and me every step of the way. He loves this state, almost as much as he loves us. He'll make a great governor."

No comments: