Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, September 14, 2014

DHS Wants to Tag Us Before They Bag Us: The Enhanced Driver’s License

On Steve Quayle’s “Q Alert” page, he recently posted the following warning from an Arizona resident:

Q Alert

Hi Steve,
I live in Az and just went to get my drivers license renewed. They handed me a paper with my photo on it and said my new license would be mailed in about 2 weeks. It says it is an ENHANCED DRIVERS LICENSE or EDL. A cursory internet search reveals at least 6 other states are implementing it and that it has a microchip in it that can be read up to 30 feet away. Contains your fingerprint and biometric data and is linked to multipledatabases. In other words it is a REAL ID just under a different name! The American people wholeheartedly rejected the REAL ID yet they are going forward with it anyway by giving it a different name. Please get the warning out.
JK
in Az

Sep 5, 2014

More

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wrap it in foil

lmclain said...

Keep cheering.

Anonymous said...

zap it in microwave oven for 15 secs.

Anonymous said...

Actually according to US Dept of Home Land Security Border Patrol you can cross into Canada and Mexico via land with the Enhanced Driver's License and do not need a passport.

Stop Crying about it, you can't fix it.

Scott said...

I agree with 11:21, you may not need a passport in the future with this id card. I know it seems like an invasion of privacy, but if you need a passport, you still have to go through the same process. I like to travel, and I like this idea rather than keeping a passport. You can still wrap the card in foil if your worried about being scanned. I won't take the mark, but I'm ok with the card.

Anonymous said...

Don't like it? Don't drive.

Anonymous said...

It basically IS you passport, without the pages for the visa stamps.

Anonymous said...

This is for areas near the border so they can travel by land or sea without a passport. These cards come with a protective sleeve that would block the data transmission.

When you approach a border crossing you then remove the card from the sleeve. As long as the card is kept in that sleeve no one can read it.

Anonymous said...

So, I'll just park near the border crossing and steal the information there, unless they've microwaved their card!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Actually according to US Dept of Home Land Security Border Patrol you can cross into Canada and Mexico via land with the Enhanced Driver's License and do not need a passport.

Stop Crying about it, you can't fix it.

September 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Sounds like you are a proud sponsor and don't tell me you can't fix it. When we get you libtards out of office you will see what we can fix. I bet you voted for Obama.

Is that you Chuck Cook?

Anonymous said...

Scott said...
I agree with 11:21, you may not need a passport in the future with this id card. I know it seems like an invasion of privacy, but if you need a passport, you still have to go through the same process. I like to travel, and I like this idea rather than keeping a passport. You can still wrap the card in foil if your worried about being scanned. I won't take the mark, but I'm ok with the card.

September 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Who is going to check that the ID belongs to the person carrying it? You are a moron!! This is the first step to implanting chips in Humans and it will probably start at birth without your knowledge.

Watch the Hunger Games and get a clue.

Anonymous said...

The movie The Hunger Games is becoming more and more a reality.

Anonymous said...

A passport does not require fingerprints or biometrics. I'd rather have a passport and it doses not have an address on it. It is the only ID I use at a bank or any other business that wants ID. I never show my license to a store or bank clerk, they have no need to know my address, whether I live there or not.