Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Excuses Abound For Md. Campaign Report Failings

When it comes to getting out of late fines, Jared DeMarinis has nearly heard them all.

DeMarinis, the director of candidacy and campaign finance for the Maryland State Board of Elections, is the person candidates call when they receive notification the state is assessing them for failing to file timely campaign finance reports.

"I get a lot of phone calls telling me a lot of personal problems," DeMarinis said. "I know way too much about people's financial records or their health than I really want to."

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout the fact that when I called them yesterday,the Board Robo answering service announced that they would be closed until Tuesday for the Memorial Day weekend and then was put into a robo loop.