Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Comcast Customer Records Nightmare Call


Please note: this conversation starts about 10 minutes in -- by this point my wife and I are both completely flustered by the oppressiveness of the rep.

So! Last week my wife called to disconnect our service with Comcast after we switched to another provider (Astound). We were transferred to cancellations (aka "customer retention").

The representative (name redacted) continued aggressively repeating his questions, despite the answers given, to the point where my wife became so visibly upset she handed me the phone. Overhearing the conversation, I knew this would not be very fun.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he was trying to tick off the guy so he would give up and hang up. I would have asked for a supervisor or someone else. This is rediculous.

Anonymous said...

Which provider is good?, since I have been thinking of switching from Comcast to Verizon but I need opinions

Anonymous said...

256 channels and nothing's on. I have satellite and a 9 channel quick pick mode, $50 a month and I only have 6 channels on the quick pick. There's nothing else out there I want! Time to cancel that as well.

The jewelry channel? Yeah...

Anonymous said...

I'm calling them tomorrow to get our bill down. Our promo is up and without notice our bill whet from $120 to $160 and we cut some channels out to save money. Alls I can say is I am NOT for their FOOLISHNESS!!! It's a shame they monopolize the industry and if they treat me like that I will cut them off and get Verizon in here quick.

Anonymous said...

Comcast said this isn't how they are trained to respond. Total BS. This is EXACTLY what they are trained to do. I cancelled directv before and had an identical experience. They are instructed to make it as difficult as possible.

Anonymous said...

Well now , easy solution to a national problem.
Stop watching so much TV. You guys are so obese , wonder why?
Comcast a become a monopoly , it's almost illegal like the Mexican problem.

Anonymous said...

thank your local governments for the monopolies

Anonymous said...

Netflix, Huluplus and HBOGo are about all I use anymore. These 3 do not have a limit on the amount of people that can be logged in at once. Share your password with the family.

You could also learn how to use a torrent website and download what you want to watch within hours of the original airing.

I only have cable for live events mainly football season.

Anonymous said...

I plan to ditch cable as soon as my promotional offer ends. Every time they raise my rates, I call them to downgrade or cancel my cable, and they always put me on hold and offer me a "promotional package" that is the same or lower rate for 6 months. After every 6 months I play this game again. i refuse to pay over 80 a month for cable. Especially since I only watch a few channels anyway.