Elections are rigged?
To anyone who questions whether the last Salisbury City election was rigged think about this.
1) Where were the polling places? One was at the Salisbury Fire Department on Cypress Street.
2) Who has access to the fire department on Cypress Street? Rick Hoppes and a few others and the machines were in the buildings over night.
3) Who was dying to be the next fire chief? Rick Hoppes. He would do anything to be the next fire chief since he had been waiting almost 2 years. All he needed to do was get Jim Ireton re-elected and Debbie Campbell ousted.
4) Who was dying to be the next mayor or re-elected mayor? Jim Ireton. Jim Ireton was Rick Hoppes' boss so he could easily influence Rick or some other fire fighter to gain access to the computers.
5) Who have friends in high places within the State? Jim Ireton. Chuck Cook worked for Martin O'Malley so they could have gotten all the resources they wanted to access the computers.
So all morning long during the election everyone was saying Joe was winning the election 2 to 1 and then Joe loses? So Jim Ireton gets re-elected and Debbie Campbell is beat by a landslide. Remember back a few short years when Debbie Campbell got re-elected and Debbie got more votes in her district than Jim Ireton got city wide. Jim Ireton rode in on Debbie Campbell's coattail for the win. Do you really believe that the electorate hated Debbie Campbell that much in 4 years and to vote for someone like Jake Day. It's very possible that Debbie could have lost that election, but it would have been close. I highly doubt Debbie lost by a landslide and Jim Ireton beat Joe 2 to 1.
Immediately following the election Jake Day becomes president of the city council and Laura Mitchell becomes vice president. The biggest item on the agenda at the meeting was to confirm a new fire chief. Debbie Campbell is gone and there is a new majority in Jim Ireton's favor. BAM! Salisbury has a new fire chief and coincidently the election was held in a city building where desperate people had access. A city fire department at that. Desperate people do desperate things. Sounds like a plan to me.