Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 11, 2014

Why I'm too scared to do my taxes

It's tax time. I'm too scared to do my taxes. I'm sure I'll get something wrong and my enemies in government will persecute -- no, I mean prosecute -- me. So I hired Bob.

Bob's my accountant. I like Bob, but I don't like that I have to have an accountant. I don't want to spend time keeping records and talking to Bob about boring things I don't understand, and I really don't want to pay Bob. But I have to.

What a waste. Once, I calculated what I could do with the money I give Bob. I could have a fancy dinner out 200 times. I could buy a motorcycle. I could take a cruise ship all the way from New York to Venice, Italy, and back.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich People Problems

Anonymous said...

I bet Joe has an accountant do his taxes!