Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 14, 2014

Red Light Camera At Florida Hospital Ticketing Those Seeking Emergency Help

Pay two tickets and call me in the morning.

Authorities installed red-light cameras near the emergency room entrance at University Hospital in Tamarac to nail traffic violators, but those rushing to the facility for medical attention are getting ensnared.

When Jacob Alcahe began to sweat and feel chest pains this past October, he thought he might be having a heart attack.

“That day I felt very bad,” Alcahe said. “I couldn’t breathe and I was sweating and my chest hurt,” he told Florida Watchdog.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For pity's sake-you run a light-you get a ticket. The red light doesn't know if you are feeling nervous. He wasn't in an ambulance that has the ride of way. What is the problem here?