Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 20, 2014

CARSON: Political correctness and the slavery of Obamacare

Speech taboos are meant to silence patriotic dissent

When I was in high school in Detroit, there was a great deal of emphasis on clothing.

As I became increasingly interested in fitting in with the “in crowd,” fashion supplanted academic achievement in my hierarchy of importance. My grades plummeted and I became a person who was less pleasant and more self-absorbed.

My mother was very disappointed, because she thought I had enough insight and intelligence to avoid the flypaper trap of acting like everyone else.

Fortunately, after wasting a year pursuing acceptance, I realized that my dreams went far beyond silk shirts and sharkskin pants. I decided to forsake the “in crowd” and redoubled my academic efforts in time to rescue my sinking grade-point average and gain admission to an Ivy League university.

More

No comments: