Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pennsylvania Citizen Sues Over ‘Voluntary’ Cheek Swabs

Suit “Seeks an injunction and damages for conspiracy to violate the Constitution…”

Following reports that police in Reading, Pennsylvania, participated in a national survey, in which random citizens were pulled over and asked for “voluntary” cheek swabs, a courageous resident filed a lawsuit against the city, its mayor and several others claiming his Fourth Amendment rights were violated.

“Nothing about this incident was ‘voluntary’ in my case,” Reading resident Ricardo Nieves stated at a City Council meeting two weeks ago, prior to pursuing the federal suit. “I feel this incident is a gross abuse of power on so many levels. I’m not a legal expert, but being forced off the road and unlawfully holding me against my will for any period of time, I would consider my liberty to be compromised and falsely imprisoned.”

Nieves was irked when on Friday, December 13, he drove up to a street where police lights were flashing and orange security cones lined the lane.

More

3 comments:

lmclain said...

Kidnapping, by legal definition, and conspiracy on the part of the police, who used their power to FORCE citizens to interrupt their (INNOCENT) travel and business. What cop commander said this was a job the police needed to do? Fire that clown (apologies to clowns).

Anonymous said...

Agreed, Imclain. No reason here to pull anybody over for any reason. Illegal detainment, and if it ever happens to me I'll gun it and blast right through them to get away, and I'll be right.

Anonymous said...

If that happens to me, I'll be in fear for my life, and hit the gas. Sorry if anyone gets in my way while I'm protecting myself and escaping with my life.