Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 25, 2013

HOW TO OPT OUT OF OBAMACARE WITHOUT PAYING THE FINE

Less than two-hours ago, I submitted a revised W-4 form to our payroll department. My goal is to avoid being in a position where at the end of next year I am owed a refund from the federal government. As an act of civil disobedience, I am refusing to purchase health insurance. This means that I am subject to a tax/fine of 1% of my income (2% the following year, 2.5% thereafter). But the beautiful thing is that unless I am owed a tax refund, the government will never get any of that money.

My decision to not purchase health insurance is a decision a lot of people -- possibly millions -- are going to make, either out of protest, or once the ObamaCare site is up and running and they finally get a look at the increased cost of their monthly premiums under the Orwellian-named Affordable Care Act. Purely by coincidence, during his radio show today, Rush Limbaugh went into great detail about all of this:

Anyway, [my accountant] said to me that, according to the law, the only way that the government can collect the fine or penalty for you not buying insurance is if you are owed a tax refund. If you do not owe a tax refund, they cannot go into your bank account or anywhere else and get that money. Now, the sad thing is that most people file their taxes to get a refund 'cause they think they're screwing the government, and they're not. … 

More 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my husband and I have already taken care of this as well. get on board everyone...this is common sense after all.

Anonymous said...

So you are going to go without insurance? You must be rich. How will you pay for the medical care you may need? Stick the hospital? Have a fund raiser? Stick it to someone else to pay for?

Anonymous said...

All the lovely sheeple, where do they all come from?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to inform you, but it was written into the Bill that your bank account and house can be attached for nonpayment. Read it and weep. Either become a renter and work for cash, or pay up.

Anonymous said...

Your accountant obviously didn't read the bill before it was passed... or since then, either.

Anonymous said...

There is good reason Rush people are called ditto heads.