Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Tenn. Teen Pleads Guilty To Killing Principal

A Memphis teen who police say studied close-combat battle tactics and sharpened his knife the night before he fatally stabbed his high school principal pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Tuesday.

Eduardo Marmolejo, 18, told Criminal Court Judge W. Mark Ward that he accepted a plea deal and a 35-year sentence without parole. He then apologized to the family of Suzette York, whom he stabbed multiple times and left for dead in a pool of blood in a classroom on Aug. 10, 2011.

"I apologize for my bad behavior," Marmolejo said. "I'm not the same man I used to be. I'm a better man."

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another non American murders again.

Anonymous said...

I'm all better now, you can let me out.

Anonymous said...

Premeditated murder, and he gets 2nd? Ahhhh, nevermind... Eduardo, it all makes sense now. Need those votes!

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't we ban all knives or have some knife contol laws. Maybe we need to register all knives. Sounds like an Obama cause he should consider.