Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Rush to War: Boehner, Pelosi, Cantor Back Obama On Syria

In an incredible display of bipartisan blindness, leaders of the Democratic and Republican parties have now declared their support for President Obama’s proposal for action against Syria. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) stated on Tuesday, “I'm going to support the president's call for action. I believe my colleagues should support this call for action.”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s alleged use of chemical weapons “cannot be ignored.” She added, “Humanity drew the red line, not President Obama.” She stated, in a moment of almost unbearable irony, that the UN was acting far too slowly, and should not hold up action. She then invoked the foreign policy wisdom of her 5-year-old grandson to support the potential strike: “My five-year-old grandson, as I was leaving San Francisco yesterday, he said to me, Mimi, my name, Mimi, war with Syria, are you yes war with Syria, no, war with Syria. And he's five years old. We're not talking about war; we're talking about action. Yes war with Syria, no with war in Syria. I said, 'Well, what do you think?' He said, 'I think no war.' I said, 'Well, I generally agree with that but you know, they have killed hundreds of children, they've killed hundreds of children there. ' And he said, five years old, 'Were these children in the United States?' And I said, 'No, but they're children wherever they are.’”

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least Nancy understands that she has to consult with someone more intelligent than she is on stuff like this. That's at least a quarter of a point.

Anonymous said...

Again, "it's for the children.!!"

Anonymous said...

The Four Stooges

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER stupid war, just what we need.

Anonymous said...

It's a RINO stampede!! Run!!!

Anonymous said...

We can have quick hearings and the leaders can stand up for a military srike on Syria because Syrian people were killed. What a shame we can't do it this quickly after 4 americans died in Benghazi. What a joke it has all become anymore