Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

THIS MOM’S OPEN LETTER TO ‘MYSTERY MAN’ AT A BASEBALL GAME MAY HELP RESTORE YOUR FAITH IN HUMANITY

“Dear Section 113, Row 17, Seat 22.”

That’s how the open letter from Sarah Kooiman to a man at a baseball game in Milwaukee starts. And while many open letters usually end with a grievance, this one is different: it ends with a heartfelt thank you for what the “mystery man” did at the game.

Kooiman is a mother of three young boys, and on Sunday she and her husband took the kids to a Milwaukee Brewers game at Miller Park using tickets from her husband’s job. She was nervous.

“The weather was absolutely perfect for a day at Miller Park, but my anxiety level was still high because – let’s face it – I was bringing THE CHILDREN,” she wrote on her blog on Monday. “Not just the big kids, not just one of them, but all three boys. Together. At the same time.”

More 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's more than one way to make a date successful. I commend him on his ingenuity! I'm willing to bet he won his gal over.

Anonymous said...

I like how she mentioned doing little things to make somebody's day better, like opening doors. I have the same philosophy.

Today I've done it 4 times. Was only thanked 1. This is pretty typical. I suppose that I probably owed it to the other 3 strangers for some unknown reason. But the 1 thanks works for me.

And for the record, the guys are much more surprised and thankful when you let them through.