Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 15, 2013

Maryland Invests

Students from the University of Maryland College Park presented me with the“Maryland Invests” book, a compilation of personal stories written by students on their experiences paying for college.
These stories are a reminder of why it is so critically important that we continue making investments to keep college affordable.
Alone among the 50 states, Maryland chose to freeze in-state tuition at state colleges and universities for four years years in a row.

Together, we then held tuition increases to the lowest in the nation for over five years. According to the college board, since 2007, we’ve done more than any other state to hold down the cost of college tuition.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That book did not include me because they probably don't want my story. I didn't go to MD, I went to JHU and I did it in the evening while working during the day. The weekends I had left for my kids. Nobody gave me $hit. I had to take loans out every semester myself. After earning 144 credit hours, I had my degree and owed nobody. I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for those that grab an easily available student loan to get a degree that nobody cares about or needs the skills from. I'm happy with my choice. More kids should do it this way and maybe they will learn "responsibility".