Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 26, 2012

No Powerball Winner, Jackpot Hits Record $425 Million

Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot and the top prize will now increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.

Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong over the holiday week for Saturday's drawing, which was estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.

Neubauer said the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.

More 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I win first thing I do is move from MD. Then I will clame my money that way O'Malley cant
get any.

Anonymous said...

If you bought the ticket in MD wouldn't you have to claim it in MD? So you would still have to pay MD tax.

Anonymous said...

240 is correct. You'd still be stuck with MD taxation one way or another. But I'd certainly move out of state as well.

Anonymous said...

I bought my tickets in Maryland on Sunday but live in PA. First thing I'm gonna do (if I win) is move to Maryland before claiming the ticket. Maryland is one of the very few Powerball states that let's winners be completely anonymous. PA publishes your picture, name and address so every crazy out there can easily find you.