Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Help Support The Main Street Gym


The Main Street Gym and the people that run it try to hold fundraisers every so often to keep the Gym up and running.

Hal and Nancy Chernoff, (along with an incredible group of friends) provide an incredible environment for young children in Salisbury to get off the streets and get them involved in exercise programs.

While I consider these people good friends, they never overwhelm me with, hey Joe, can you help us with this or that all the time. Instead, when they do come to me they ask if I can put something up on Salisbury News to help promote their fundraisers.

In this case they're offering a full day charter fishing trip for $10.00 per ticket. They'll do the drawing this Saturday in Ocean City. Here's how I personally see it. If you buy a ticket you're giving back to your community. If you win, well, you are in for one heck of a day, let me assure you. I know the boat owner and let me assure you, this guy does everything first class.

If you'd like a ticket please give Hal a call at 410-430-6687 or stop by the Main Street Gym in the evening. I think you all know, if I don't like a certain group I won't push to help them. This is a very special group and I'd like you to help them. In fact, if you've never been to the Main Street Gym, I highly recommend you stop in and see their facility. It will blow you away.

Thank You For Your Support

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to be ignorant here, but where exactly is the gym?? I know it says "Main St. Gym" but I have not seen a gym on main st. Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone. I simply have not seen it. Am I really that blind and it sticks out like a sore thumb???
P.S. Thank you for posting the info on the raffle. I know you wouldn't plug someone or some event that wouldn't benefit the community. Besides, I think we have all seen the positive effect that Hal and his boxing family has had on our community.

Anonymous said...

Main St Gym was originally on Main St. and is now in a new facility oin Bowl Dr off Northwood.

Anonymous said...

the gym is now in the industrial park. Awesome facility with awesome mentors!!!!!! And if you are the lucky winner of this trip you will have a blast. Great Boat!!!!