Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Closed Because Of Swaying

While passing over the bridge over the past few weeks I informed my wife that I did not think it was very wise to use those tarps and have them drapped over the scaffolding next to the bridge.
The whole set-up is like a make-shift kite.

And from what I have previously witnessed with that bridge - (ie - unusual and misaligned expansion joints, concrete dropping off of the pilings and floating in the bay, improper concrete mix being used over the pandecking - then having to redo the work twice etc.) - I would not trust any type of certification issued from the Maryland Transportation Board. They are the same group that issued a compliance report right up until the Pocomoke City, MD drawbridge collapsed. Luckily - no one was crossing that structure at the time.

GO GET THEM SBYNEWS - THIS IS NATIONAL NEWS AND THE PEOPLE OUGHT TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION!!!

MORE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never understood, why you would build a three-lane bridge. To me it is a disaster in the making. Altering one lane on a three-way lane running head on traffic. I think it is stupid. They should be 2,4,6 lanes; but 3???? Lord knows they have collected enough taxes for one.

Anonymous said...

1:52 - I absolutely agree with your analogy. 3 - Lanes is absurd in this day and age. What were they thinking - the design engineers. And what about the people who funded this project.

It does not make sense to build a three lane bridge. It should either be 2, 4, 6, 8.