Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Time For Elizabeth Warren To Fess Up

Yesterday when a reporter at a Brighton, Massachusetts event asked Elizabeth Warren to respond to my report from earlier in the day that her great-great-great grandfather had served in the Tennessee Militia that rounded up the Cherokees in preparation for the Trail of Tears, Ms. Warren refused to answer the question.

She did not deny the facts that I established but immediately changed the subject, claiming that the story was simply “politics as usual.” “I think what this is about is Scott Brown trying to change the subject,” the Boston Herald reports she said. “He just wants to find a way to talk about something else, and I think it’s wrong. I think this is why people are turned off on Washington politics.”

To the contrary, my story addresses a question fundamental to every political campaign in the country today: the credibility and integrity of the candidate. It was developed independent of any political campaign and has been confirmed by numerous reputable genealogical sources, including Paul Reed, who the Boston Herald describes as “a Utah genealogist who is a fellow at the American Genealogical Society.”

Reed, the Herald continues, “said he found primary documentation that shows Warren’s great-great-great grandfather Jonathan Crawford served in a Tennessee militia unit that rounded up Cherokees before they were force-marched to Oklahoma in the infamous Trail of Tears.”
“Jonathan H. Crawford did serve in the Indian wars,” said Reed. “He is listed as serving in the company that rounded up Cherokees.”

In addition to Mr. Reed, several amateur genealogists have either contacted me directly or posted comments on Breitbart News stories confirming the accuracy of my claim.

More

3 comments:

Bullard Construction said...

If she knew this, why can't she just be a big girl and state something like, "Well, there are facts pointing in that direction. My family has always been one to help lead the Country, and if one of us lead it in a negative direction, all that's History. I am here to learn from history and right wrongs from the past. That is why I propose to....".

It's so simple, a caveman could do it. However, we now understand that she cannot come up to Caveman standards...

Anonymous said...

Obama's Indian name is " Poke 'a Heiney"

Anonymous said...

Betcha I have more Indian in me. Mom's family is listed in "20 Original Md. Families" (I can't remember the title exactly, but you get the picture.)