Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mega Millions’ $500M Lottery Payout Has Players Dreaming

What would you do with $500 million?

That’s a question millions of people across the country are asking themselves as the clock ticks down to Friday’s record-breaking Mega Millions lottery drawing.

“I’d pay off my house and probably buy another one,” said Alexandria resident Wanda Layne, who bought a ticket to Tuesday’s Mega Millions drawing and was readying to play Friday. No one won the $363 million prize after Tuesday’s drawing, setting up the largest lottery jackpot in history.

“I’d take care of my family, I’d definitely travel,” Ms. Layne said. “If I won, I’d build a center for children at risk in Southeast Washington.”

More

What would you do if you won the Mega Millions'?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd do something for at risk kids and homeless and all the shelters on the eastern shore. It has turned into a very poor area. I'd love to give to them, very sad what the economic down turn has caused.

Anonymous said...

change my name and go into hiding.

Anonymous said...

Fix the county roads on the east side of Wicomico County

Ben in Salisbury said...

I'd be in jail because the student loan payments would be paid in full and the person who process them will died from shock. Once paroled and my father's roof is replaced I would do an Adult Tour of Europe and then open a learning center.
New house that would be self cleaning another motorcycle, mini cooper and 1966 GTO would be added

Anonymous said...

Buy Ron Paul votes. Then, if there was any leftover, pay off my house and fix it up.

Anonymous said...

Give some away, invest some, spend some, piss some away, buy a house in the carribean, buy a farm and put homeless people to work, and best of all...put a bounty on black panthers.

Anonymous said...

I’d take half the money and rent a cruise liner and put 100 hotties on it with a big name band, tons of food , and lots of alcohol ....the rest I would probably just wast