Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday, MARCH 2nd Is NATIONAL "DRESS IN BLUE DAY"

Wear Blue to Raise Awareness about Colon Cancer

Salisbury, MD
– The Wicomico County Health Department is encouraging residents to observe National Dress In Blue Day on Friday, March 2nd as part of National Colon Cancer Awareness Month.

Dress in Blue Day takes place on the first Friday in March and encourages individuals, businesses and community groups to wear blue clothing and talk to each other about the importance of colon cancer screenings.

Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related deaths in the country. “Everyone age 50 or older should talk with their doctor about being screened,” said Lori Brewster, Health Officer for Wicomico County. For more information on colorectal cancer call the Wicomico County Colorectal Cancer Screening Program at (410) 543-6938.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had mine done on March 1.When I turned forty 33 yrs ago I started to check my eyes and had to get eye glasses. I then started to go and get a lot more checj ups in my body including my colon. Now I highly recommend anyona male or female to begin to talk to their DOC about starting these check ups.

Anonymous said...

This is just another libtard load of obamabot bunk. Why else would they pick the color blue (blue state = liberal = gay marraige.)

I am wearing red and praying my country comes back.

Anonymous said...

Please! Why does everything have to be political? We wear red to support heart health, pink for breast cancer awareness, purple for autism awareness and I could go on and on. I am proudly wearing blue today and if people ask me why I tell them it is to support colorectal cancer awareness, the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S. Maybe some lives can be saved....or is that too political for you?

Anonymous said...

I asked my co-workers to join me in wearing blue today to honor my brother's memory (he died of colon cancer) and nearly 100% did and I got many positive feedbacks. Glad I work at First Shore Federal. ........gina