Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 06, 2012

A Closed Session Means You Say NOTHING About What Happened In That Meeting



Do tell me how the Daily Times know who voted what way? While this audio states that the Council votes 3 to 2, just WHO leaked the information telling them who the three Council Members were who voted against Rick Hoppes. I'll give you THREE choices. Jim Ireton, Laura Mitchell or Shanie Shields. They have no respect for the law. It makes me sick to my stomach that these Council Members would file ethics violations against the three HONORABLE Council Members.


Look, I really don't care that the Daily Times knew for a fact who voted what way but come on Folks, there are laws against this and there are a select few who couldn't care less about the law. We're right back to the old Tilghman Administration style of politics.


Here's another thought. The Daily Times knows more than any one else that they are supposed to be held to a higher standard, well, are they? Each and every one of you reading Salisbury News knows that I am friends with Terry, Debbie and Tim. I can assure you of one thing. They have NEVER violated the law with me. We have started conversations on my behalf where I bring something up and IMMEDIATELY they say, I can't talk about that Joe. Then it hits me, oh, they're right.


The audio above clearly states the Council voted 3 to 2, NOTHING MORE. Once again, shame on Laura Mitchell, Shanie Shields or Jim Ireton. More importantly, shame on the Daily Times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. I asked Terry Cohen why they didn't appoint Hoppes and she said employee matters were confidential.

Some say it's the degree issue, but given his record on spending and things like the fire boat, maybe not.

JoeAlbero said...

I should have stated the entire Council SUPPORTED Rick Hoppes, Ireton turned him down. Again, what is Iretons political game this go around.