Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Baby Sea Turtles Hatch!

Few gave them any chance, but at least three baby sea turtles from a clutch of eggs laid last summer have hatched.

"It was the most amazing thing to see," said Suzanne Thurman, director for the MERR Institute, a sea-life rescue organization that has been involved since the eggs were first found last summer. "I've never seen such joy on the volunteers faces. I wish I had a camera to capture their smiles."

MERR volunteer Janice Pinto of Lewes was the first to notice two tiny turtles crawling around the sand nest that had been their home since Aug. 18.

More

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful story; and I have been following it since Aug. I'm glad they are being so well cared for.