Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 21, 2011

When Did The GOP Lose Touch With Reality?

It’s a very strange experience to have your friends think you’ve gone crazy. Some will tell you so. Others will indulgently humor you. Still others will avoid you. More than a few will demand that the authorities do something to get you off the streets. During one unpleasant moment after I was fired from the think tank where I’d worked for the previous seven years, I tried to reassure my wife with an old cliché: “The great thing about an experience like this is that you learn who your friends really are.” She answered, “I was happier when I didn’t know.”

It’s possible that my friends are right. I don’t think so—but then, crazy people never do. So let me put the case to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Answer: 9-11-2001. Just like everyone else did.

Anonymous said...

When Sarah Palin was picked as the VP candidate.

Anonymous said...

When they got religion.

Anonymous said...

1932