Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Ignorance Of Newt Versus The Inalienable Rights Of All

During a recent Republican Presidential debate, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich implied that he strongly disagrees with very important assertions of the Declaration of Independence:

"That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Additionally, like many people now, Gingrich seems to believe that there should be a different set of laws for society when there is a "war" underway. But the truth is, war is an artificial concept used by collectivists and statists to rationalize the commission of criminal acts of aggression against others and get away with it.

The truth is, there are really two kinds of behaviors in general:

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This author makes some very good points and I agree with maybe most of what he says. One thing caught my eye though.

"This is despite the fact that Obama never presented actual evidence against al-Awlaki, just as George W. Bush never presented evidence of Osama bin Laden’s guilt".

Not going to say anything about al-Awlaki since I don't know much about that case.

But, Osama has been around a long time. Colonel North mentioned him in the Iran-Contra trials. Senior agents of F.B.I. OR C.I.A., I forget which now but I think it was C.I.A., were tracking osama long before 9/11.

North testified he installed a costly alarm system in his house because Osama said he was going to kill North and North believed him.

The point I'm trying to make is, they knew what type of person osama was long before he attacked the world trade center.

So why would they have to submit evidence to prove he was a terrorist for that instance when he had long before been proven he was a terrorist?

The Iraq war itself was begun on false pretenses in my opinion. Everyone from Bush on down lied. Lied about WMD'S, lied about knowing where they were, and lied about imminent attack on us.

I think the proof was already there on osama and they needed no more 'proof'.

The writer made some other good points but I won't get into them here since this is long enough. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous said...

Propaganda.