Monday, November 28, 2011
THERE IS NO UNDERAGE NIGHT CLUB IN DOWNTOWN SALISBURY
There's been a lot of talk in the last two weeks about an underage night club on the Plaza. This is not true.
There was one several months ago but they have been closed for months. The young man who had created the club even went so far as to look into a liquor license but he never followed up on it.
Now, that being said, last week there was an event in which some claimed there were about 300 people in a massive fight outside the building above. Some media sources jumped the gun by claiming it was an underage night club but this just isn't true.
A group of college students went to the owner of the building and asked if they could rent the space, (also shown above) that used to be a restaurant. Again, this is different space from the OLD underage club from months ago and also a completely different group of people.
The owner agreed to rent them the space for one evening and things went perfectly fine, until the very end. A group of thugs had allegedly been waiting outside in the parking lot who had nothing to do with the students hosting the private party. They had targeted ONE individual and once that individual came outside they ganged up on him and beat the crap out of him.
The owner of the building met with States Attorney Matt Maciarello and Chief Barbara Duncan where they had told him there were some 300 people there. There was NOT 300 people there. There was about 80 people. There were not multiple fights.
This incident has been blown way out of proportion. Mind you, there may be some questions as to IF the owner can rent space to private parties and I'm actually pretty confident he will think twice about ever doing so again. The City needs to rethink how they allow businesses to operate in the City in order to clamp down on such practices.
In the mean time I wanted to clear the air about this topic.
Watch the video carefully and you will see a group of people going after one individual. It was NOT a massive brawl, as stated in the video. Notice the reporter stating they couldn't locate the VICTIM, (not victims). Maciarello stated there was some 300 people, again, not true. I'm NOT knocking Matt, I simply do not feel he was properly informed because the video proves different.
at 11/28/2011 05:00:00 PM