Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, November 04, 2011

Humane Society Complaint Questions Conditions of McRib Pork Supplier

The McRib may be back, but along with it comes a legal complaint from the Humane Society of the United States, contending that McDonald’s pork supplier is guilty of inhumane practices. The HSUS complaint was filed to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and accused the company of making false claims. The claims in contention? That the pigs were being kept in “ideal” conditions.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

somebody punch the humane society in the face! (then the aclu)

Anonymous said...

Last week I bought 2 McRibs at a Saisbury area McDonalds.I was en route to Cambridge and did not open the 1st one until I reached Vienna.The 1st one was 75% raw,as was the 2nd.The distance factor did not allow me to return them.I know the issue here is not how well cooked they are,but I feel it is worthy of mention.Now that I know about the conditions in which the hogs were raised I certainly don't want another one.

Anonymous said...

What an idiotic society we live in. Wake up people these pigs are born and raised to be slaughtered and eaten. Like it or not Man has been killing and eating his food ever since the beginning of time. So how stupid can you get complaining about harse treatment of pigs and chickens. Unless you eat nothing but fruits and vegatables. Shut up and eat that beef and pork roast and fried chicken. UMMMM UMMMMMM Good.