Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

USPS Concerns

Some privacy concerns are being raised over the Postal Service's new change-of-address "welcome" kits, which come packed with ads and coupons. It's part of a deal between USPS and the private company Imagitas, which oversees the process by selling ads to major retailers. Both parties say the partnership is totally legal — and just renewed it for another 10 years in January. But critics told The Washington Times that federal agencies are prohibited from leasing personal information like names and addresses under the Privacy Act. (The Washington Times)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since they changed up the routes in Fruitland, and turned it over to Salisbury, I am constantly getting the wrong mail.....the only problem is.. who is getting mine.

Anonymous said...

9:02 I know how you feel. Three days last week I got someone elses mail. I'm keeping an eye on the bills making sure all of them come in...I'm considering going paperless due to this. Have you also noticed how late the mail is delivered now? It's a shame how there wasn't anything wrong before they did this...if it's not broke, don't break it! Salisbury is breaking it.

Anonymous said...

Fruitland here as well. usually I have to deliver a few pieces of mail every night myself.